Monday, July 19, 2010

Alan Wake and the Wookiee + News


So in case you don’t follow my Twitter account, I was on vacation last week, which is why there was a lack of content on the site. I enjoyed a long week at a cabin in Strawberry, CA. So yea, I pretty much did the Alan Wake thing. I was expecting peace and quiet, but my family brought me up there to continue my writing. Things got really weird as my family was kidnapped by evil creatures I had created in a manuscript that I don’t remember writing, and I had to chase after them through my dreams armed with a flashlight… Obviously, I’m kidding, but the whole time I was up there, I couldn’t stop thinking about Alan Wake since the surrounding environment was very similar: the cabin, the lake, the forest. It apparently also looked like another famous setting according to my friend David, “It looks just like Endor up here!” In response, the South Park line, “Why don’t you go back to Endor, you stupid Wookiee!” “Wookiees don’t live on Endor!” became a common staple of awesome randomness. Anyway, I’m back now, and site operations will continue as normal.

In tabletop news, I think it’s safe to say that RPGs have become a new found love of mine, and is a hobby that is definitely here to stay. I got back from vacation Friday afternoon, and already started playing D&D that night and continued on all weekend up, racking up a total of 22 hours played just for the weekend (write ups coming soon). Speaking of write ups though, I’ve made the decision to switch to a summary format, because writing in story mode is just too time consuming. For our main campaign, the write up is about 5 sessions behind, and there’d just be no way for me to catch up unless I committed a whole week to nothing but writing, which like I said, I don’t have time for with all of my projects going on.

So, side campaign write ups will be coming soon, they’re already in progress. They aren’t as detailed as the main campaign one will be, since our characters background and stuff aren’t as well fleshed out. As mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I’ll be the Game Master for an upcoming Deathwatch campaign. I think I’m going to have to delay the start time another week though. I sent all of my players a PDF of the rules, but one of them had problems opening it while I was on vacation. So to give him more time to read, I’ll just delay.

I’ve also started a fitness project today, getting into shape, but a more formal announcement for that is in the works. More video game reviews are in the pipeline, to spice up the variety of gaming content. You know what, just more content in general is coming. So, stay tuned, and happy gaming!
Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Work in Progress

Work in Progress
Counts as Lemartes

WIP Automarine Test

WIP Automarine Test
What Optimus Prime would look like as a Space Marine... wow my highlighting sucks >.<